Touring Catalina's coastline is a wonderful way to get out of Avalon and really see the island. With Afishinados Charters you have choices. "Open Tours" or "Private Charters". Our most popular Open Tours are listed above. Our boats are also available for Private Charters which is where you set the itinerary, be it a celebration such as weddings or scattering of ashes, an event such as graduations or anniversaries, corporate meetings or film shoots, or just a chance to relax on the water with a group of friends or family. We have boats to suit your group and your budget:
GUSTO! is a 30' powerhouse with the speed and seaworthiness to take you and your group of 6 (or less) anywhere you would like to go around Catalina Island.
GUSTO! is THE CHOICE for small groups looking for a big boat to enjoy some water time without breaking the bank.
GUSTO! has ample covered seating, a small cabin for your gear and a full walk-in head, something you simply cannot get on smaller center consoles. Bring your camera to capture the wild island inhabitants of Catalina's coast.
Important Information: We do not run "extreme" tours. The only thing that you might choose to whet is your whistle aboard our tours as Catallac does have a beer and wine bar that is open on some cruises such as the Two Harbors Transport and the Happy Hours Cruise.
CATALLAC is your only option for groups larger than 6 and less than 49. She is a 50' power catamaran with a 22' beam and nearly 1200' of deck space to enjoy the isle in style.
CATALLAC is an excellent platform for wildlife enthusiasts, camera-wielding birders, geology geeks and island aficionados.
We have hosted rap videos, bathing suit shoots, eagle cam addicts and a bunch of corporate outings. CATALLAC has an on-board Beer & Wine Bar and we can set up catering for your cruise.
THE MOST important thing to know is that open tours are priced on a per person basis, vs. private tours are priced by the boat and the duration of your charter. Open tours can run from 40 minutes up to a couple of hours and the price will reflect that.
1. Catalina is very seasonal, many tours may only be offered in the peak season from June thru September.
2. Water tours are often migration-dependent, so the Flying Fish Tours are nightly from May thru September when the flyers are here.
3. Most tours run in calm waters and close to shore and do not venture far from Avalon Harbor.
4. Many tours have a minimum number of passengers that must be met before the tour is confirmed and your card is charged.
5. We try to run most open tours on our largest boat, Catallac, however, if we cannot make the minimum we will frequently run the tour on a smaller boat such as Gusto or Afishinado. You can click here to check the tours that will be running on the dates that you are visiting Catalina Island.
Fish-Tour-Party-Cruise catalina island
AFISHINADO is great option for smaller groups (6 or less). She is a 40' custom-built yacht with all the amenities; a full walk-in head, lots of covered seating and interior space.
AFISHINADO is a very dry riding boat in nearly all conditions. You will never be stranded at the dock due to weather with AFISHINADO.
She has made long ocean passages from Cabo San Lucas to Catalina and the only thing we've ever broken was a bottle of Kahlua.